Sangatte, is a huge and beautiful sandy beach with its rows of breakwaters, dunes and chalets. Some days, you will see the English coast which are only 35 kilometers flying birds.
It is also the Cap Blanc-Nez and its white chalk cliffs 130 meters high which connect our beach to Cran d'Escalles.
You will find many shops : :
- several restaurants,
- the bakery/grocery "La Maison des Tartes" (100 meters from Ô de Mer and Ô de Caps) where Rémi and Monique will serve you their specialties, delicious breads and their famous cream pie.
- the bar/tabacco "The Week-end" (50 meters from Ô de Mer and Ô de Caps)
Shops ans Markets
Shops 5 minutes from O de Mer :
Auchan Shopping Center in Calais,
Shopping Center Cité de l'Europe (clothing, food, decoration, telephony ...)
Channel Outlet Store Shopping Center (Outlet Stores)
List of markets :
Sangatte - village square - small market (Sunday morning)
Blériot-Plage - village square (friday morning)
Calais - Place Crève-Coeur (Thursday and Saturday morning) and Place d'Armes (Wednesday and Saturday morning)
Wissant - village square (Wednesday morning) and summer night market (Friday night)
Escalles - village Square - Summer Night Market (Saturday Night)
In Sangatte :
- Go hiking or mountain biking on the many circuits that start from Sangatte.
- Discover BMX or Motocross at the Cement Factory
- Rent Vel'in bikes in the Town Hall Square (50 meters from Ô de Mer and Ô de Caps)
- Get started at the board or paddle at the Tom Souville sailing base
- Practice surfing, windsurfing, kite surfing, paddle sup
- Prepare your fishing rod for a surfcasting session
- Put on your shorty and practice the long coast
Close to Sangatte :
- Base of yachting of Hemmes de Marck
- Swimming pool Ice rink Icéo and Swimming pool Ranson de Calais
- Golf courses of Saint-Omer and Wimereux
The Blanc-Nez and Gris-Nez caps
Come discover the multitude of landscapes that offers you the site des deux caps, beaches of fine sand, cliffs, dunes and swamps. If you like walks and hikes, this site is for you!
Start with the coast and discover charming villages like Escalles, Wissant, Ambleteuse, Audinghen, Audresselles or Wimereux.
Discover the Cran d'Escalles, the Caps Blanc-Nez and Gris-Nez, the Wissant bay, the Tardinghen beach mussel beds.
Visit Sangatte with its military cemetery, its two churches, its statue Hubert Latham and its stèle Louis Blériot.
Visit Calaiswith its beautifull Town Hall, its beach, its port and its light house, its statue of the "six bourgeois" and its monument Yvonne et Charles De Gaulles, its casino, the International City of Lace and Fashion, the museum of arts, the museum of the Second World War and the Channel, the parks Saint-Pierre et Richelieu and the fortifications of the Fort Risban and the citadelle.
Visit Boulogne-sur-Mer with its beauch, its fishing port, its belfry, its remparts, its casino, the castle-museum, the Notre-Dame Basilica and the national center of the sea Nausicaa.
Nausicaa National Sea Center- Boulogne-sur-Mer
Immerse yourself in the largest European complex dedicated to the knowledge of the marine world ...
Between giant aquariums, discovery areas, exhibitions and animal reserves, embark on an unforgettable voyage to the heart of the oceans!
In Calais : The International City of Lace and Fashion, The Arts Museum, The Second World War Museum
In Audinghem : The Atlantic Wall Museum
In Boulogne-sur-Mer : The Chateau-Musée, The Natural History Museum, The Libertador San Martin Museum
In Rinxent : The House of Marble and Geology
Sangatte, seaside resort in the heart of the "Grand Site des deux Caps" and the "Parc Naturel des Caps et Marais d'Opale" is ideally located :
- 5 km from the Channel Tunnel,
- 4 km from Cité Europe, A16 and A26 motorways,
- 10 minutes from Calais/Frethun TGV station
- 8km from Calais and the port of Calais,
- only 45 minutes from Belgium
- 40 minutes from Dunkerque and Saint-Omer
- 25 minutes from Boulogne-sur-Mer